Thursday, September 8, 2011

Joy School: Getting Acquainted and week one of The Body

So, as usual, I've forgotten to take any pictures, but I thought some of the moms might like a few high-lights from the weeks.

Getting Acquainted:
For the first week after a whole summer of fun, the boys were amazingly good!  I'm so excited about this year, we have a great group of kids and fantastic moms on board. 
Zenock had a couple of cute moments.  He told us all about his dad giving him a blessing for the first day of school, which I thought was sweet (although his dad also apparently told him that I cast a spell of some sort, so I'm a witch???)  He also wanted to kiss Joy Boy after his visit, a first.  Now we have to do it every time.  They just love Joy Boy.  They all get quiet and are so sweet with him.  I get a kick out of it.
Adam told us that he put candy in his ear and had to have it taken out by a doctor.  Why am I not surprised? 
I'm still rubbing crayon off the floor from the crayon melting activity we did, but they turned out so cute!

The Body week one:
We started learning about how great our bodies are.  Tuesday is a blur because I spent most of the time dealing with a major melt down by Michael, but it's out of his system now.  Last year he had one too. So we're good to go for the rest of the year, right?
Oh!  That's right, we did foot painting.  It was raining, so we had to do it inside and it just wasn't as great.  Felicia had a fantastic idea, to spread out one big paper and let the boys go to town together.  Now that I think of it, we could just use wrapping paper!  I'm hoping to do it sometime in the future because it was such a hit to paint with feet last year and I think we should give it another try this year.  Of course, Mason thought we were crazy anyway to ask him to dip his feet in paint.
Today we did our gingerbread men and I wish over and over that I'd taken a picture because it turned out so cute!  McKay's man had a big bulge we decided was a diaper between his legs and Adam's looked like a scene from Ammon the missionary.  All unidentified limbs.  He saved a huge blob of dough and just sat there eating it.  There's a boy after my own heart.  Don't worry, he didn't get sick.  Not that I know of, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. He didn't get sick, but not for want of trying... he rediscovered the lump of dough after dinner and wanted to eat it. I told him he'd likely get stomach sick if he did, which deterred him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jessica!!! Thanks for sharing. :) You do such an awesome job. We love you! Also... the spell thing.. apparently that is why JC doesn't have hair. haha. You'll have to take it up with JC.

    ReplyDelete