
We've found a new game to play! Last time we went to the library we picked up a book called
Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes by Mollie Katzen and Ann Henderson and it is a gem! Michael follows picture instructions and does almost all the cooking himself. Then we eat it. He is so proud of his creations.
I'm having a hard time talking him into doing the Zucchini Moons and Carrot Pennies, but we'll get there I'm sure. The above picture is the Pretend Soup itself.

And here are the Hide and Seek Muffins. Oh man, were they good! There is a strawberry hiding inside each one that he carefully rolled in sugar. He broke all the eggs himself and everything. The only thing I did was mix the dry ingredients before hand. He even scooped the batter into the muffin tin. That was interesting, but he was so happy doing it.
sounds very VERY fun :)
ReplyDeleteI love the second picture-what a cute kid! Good for you for letting him make messes!
ReplyDeleteSuper Super Cute Jess! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love it! We're going to have to get that book. : )
ReplyDeleteJessica, what a great idea! Why did I not think of it. It looks very fun. What was the liquid in the soup? Milk?
ReplyDeleteThe liquid is mostly orange juice and plain yogurt. There were some other ingredients too. It really was yummy.
ReplyDelete