But first...here's what goes on when I leave the boys alone:
A tower that reaches the ceiling. Seriously. They were pretty proud of that one.
And random cute pictures of cutie little boys.
This was on my watch. Andrew threw the biggest Aaron-style tantrum the other day. I don't even remember what started it, but it turned into rage about wearing a diaper. So I put a onesie on him to keep him from taking it off. And when I say I put it on him, I'm talking pinning him down one arm at a time and wrestling it onto his sweaty, screaming, writhing body. Then I threw him in bed. He screamed in there for almost an hour. When it stopped, there he was. Onesie on the ground. Still snapped. I'm still not sure who won this one.
So instead of free play time this year we are doing centers. Here's Felicia doing pictographs with the boys. She amped up the Saxon lesson by using M&M's instead of pictures of girls and boys. Big hit. She's amazing.
Meanwhile, I was doing sound shakers with another group. They had to pair them up by sound. Then we sorted from quiet to loud. It went much better than last year. I love this age group!
The last center is puzzles. They can do it by themselves, quietly using one than putting it away before moving to the next. Or reading a book. They do a great job.
Another pictograph.
Today the math lesson had to do with sorting.
These precious boys are so serious. Even Andrew.
Using our senses to make pudding.
Then finger painting with it!
Thanks for the great week!
Fun! Adam is actually telling me stories about what happened at Joy School right now. Usually I get a "I don't know" from him!
ReplyDelete