Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Yah, a little late, but here it is. Michael realized there were eggs in the room before I was ready for him to come in and Preston had to hold him back while he cried "eggs! eggs!" It was pathetic. I finally had all the eggs out and the camera ready and he came running in. Who knows what he thought was going on. But it was definitely exciting. We had popcorn and dried apricots in the eggs. He loves popcorn, so stop feeling bad for the little guy. He was pretty excited when he finally opened one and realized what was inside. And there actually was candy, it was just above his eye level. It was for Preston and I, but Preston ate most of it. I'm just too slow.

Translations:

Occasionally you can hear Michael say "open it" in the second video. It sounds more like "pin ih" and is right when he tries to open his eggs, so listen for it. He also says "popcorn". And that's all the translation you get.

Later that day we got to have Easter dinner with the Ellis family. Michael loves them, and we think they're ok, too. Especially their ham. Just kidding, it was really fun. And all we had to make was salad and desert. That's my kind of holiday cooking.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! He is so cute. Okay. Now I really want to have a baby so I can sit and watch him open easter eggs and say "popcorn"! Oh he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping to find a new post. : ) I love the pop corn... I'll have to add it to our eggs next year. By the way, Adam loves to look at your blog too. He's saying
    "Michael, popcorn" right now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I think that listening to Michale saying 'POPcorn' is just about the cutest thing. watching him stuff it in his face (sound effects included) is a close second. Wow your kid is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, even the fifth time round it is still the best thing for me to watch before I go to bed. I really miss you guys! And sometimes Michael reminds me of John when he was a baby. Especially in those green pjs. Makes me miss having a bunch of little kids running around doing cute things. Give him a big giant slobbery kiss and tell him it is from Barbara. He would never let me slobbery kiss him anyway.

    ReplyDelete