Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Breakfast

Every Conference Sunday the Battraws host a potluck breakfast. I love it. Usually Michael does too, but today he must have been in a hurry to get to Conference because we hadn't been there an hour when he brought first me, then Preston our shoes. When that didn't work, he got the keys out of the diaper bag and started working on the front door. There was a child-proof door knob thing on the handle, so he got the key wedged in there and must have felt he was making some progress. I didn't want him scratching the door, so I confiscated the keys, he wasn't too happy about that. I guess he reconciled himself to another 20 minutes or so playing with Adam and his toys, and then all of a sudden he announces "clean up!" and starts putting the toys away. Sheesh. I can take a hint already. We wrapped it up and went home where, coincidentally, he actually did enjoy listening to Conference. Specifically the music. He'd go about his business until a song came on and then he'd run in and say "sing" and listen. He didn't like it when we sang along. And he couldn't tell the difference between prayers and talks, so he spent quite a bit of time with his arms folded, but hey. And that was our Conference Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys came, even if Michael wanted to leave early. : ) It looks like you might just have a music lover on your hands after all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Sometimes I really wonder what is going on in their little heads! He's a cute kid.

    ReplyDelete