Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oliver


Here is our first foster dog!  Oliver was an absolute dream.  He never barked, not once.  He did tricks and respected the boys and was fun to walk.  I loved him.  Seriously, if I was in the market, I would have just kept him.  Good thing Aunt Heidi was here to help though because I didn't have a clue what to do with him at first.  He got adopted the next day and we all cried.  Except for Preston.  I didn't even take a picture with him.  I was sure we'd have him all week.  But he went to a retired couple who had been looking for months at the Saturday adoption events.  My foster contact said he couldn't have gone to a better home.  Boo hoo for us though.  People wondered how the boys would handle having dogs come and go, turns out I'm the one we should have been worrying about.  Good bye sweet Ollie!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you'd had a dog yet. I'm glad you had a good experience to start out with, even if he was hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, but the story continues. He was returned after the weekend and came back for the week. We had a lot of fun, but by Friday I was ready to part. He had a lot of energy. I'm glad we did it though. Now they want me to pick up a Jack Russel terrier. Oh boy, more energy.

    ReplyDelete