I've been thinking a lot about traditions in our family, I want to establish traditions will help bind us together over the years. I'm hoping for at least one can't-miss tradition every month. General Conference is one of those events I want to be can't-miss for my children. This year I tried out some things and I was so excited about how things went that I just had to take pictures and stick them in here. So here are a couple of things that we did that went well:
We put pictures of the apostles from the last Conference issue of the Ensign and a Conference Bingo page on a board. Michael has been learning the names of the 12 apostles and the 1st presidency for a while now, so he's familiar and excited about them. Every speaker he would study their face until he figured out who it was and then put a sticker on their tie. He was impressed with the pile of stickers President Uchtdorf and President Eyring collected (they conducted). Some of the pictures of the seventy are definitely out of date. He was pretty upset when one of them turned out to have gone grey and acquired glasses since taking his picture. He couldn't find that one on his own and was frankly reluctant to put a sticker on his tie. I think he didn't believe me that it was the same man. The Conference Bingo was just used to color and when he heard a word from the page he called it out and got a candy. Seriously, they say some of those words over and over. It kept him pretty occupied for most of conference. That and making rocket ships out of the crayons. Or trains. But hey, he was there.
And here are our apostle pizzas. We had a lot of fun making and eating them. Even if I burnt the bottoms.
Oh the plans for next time...
What fun apostle pizzas.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try the stickers on the ties.
Elijah counted twenty times that the word love was said in the last session.
Really cute Jessica. I tried Bingo, but Adam got a candy for every bingo. Needless to say he lost interest after the first bingo. I should've done a candy for every time the word was used like you-brilliance. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, well, it turned out to be a lot of candy.
ReplyDeleteYou ATE the apostles' faces?! No wonder they didn't look like their pictures.
ReplyDelete