Sunday, June 20, 2010

I ate black!

This afternoon Michael wandered into the room with black smeared on his face. It looked like he'd been sucking on a black marker or something. When we asked him what it was, he happily told us that he ate some black. ????? So Preston told Michael that he'd like to eat some black, would Michael please get him some. After some confusion, Michael went to the bathroom and pointed up to a shelf with my mascara on it. Yes, our little boy climbed up on the toilet and got himself some "black" to eat.

I know, you moms out there think this is too tame to report, but it is new to us.

Now he knows that climbing on the toilet is not safe, and eating mascara is also not safe. Besides, mascara is for girls. And even if you are a girl, mascara is not for eating, it is for eyes. He digested this news for a little while and then returned to quietly tell me, "I'm sorry Mommy. I won't eat black."

Whew! Glad we got that out of his system.

Besides, how can you stay mad at a kid who apologizes for eating black anyway?


Oh, the other day we went for a walk. It was hot and by the end of the walk we were all pretty sweaty. Michael wiped his forhead and then got really upset saying, "Andrew slobbered on me!" He hates it when Andrew slobbers on him. I just want to know how exactly he thought Andrew got slobber on his forhead while sitting in the stroller.

Father's Day was nice. We just enjoyed a quiet day with some Swedish pancakes and a lovely salmon dinner.


And now here are some pictures. ('Cause I have them and I think my kids are cute, but not related to any of the above information.)


We got these good smiles from Andrew because he loves the camera. Ohhh, he sooo wants to eat it! These pictures were today when Preston tied his tie on Michael. That lasted about as long as it took to snap these pictures. You like his mug shot face?

1 comment:

  1. I do love his mug shot face, and I swear that Adam did not give him the idea of eating black. No, Adam got into my mascara and put it where it belongs, all over his eyes, and the floor too. That was more than a year ago... see how much time you've enjoyed without these kind of experiences? : )

    ReplyDelete