Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just Hanging Out

So Michael's found this hat I had in my closet to give to Purple Heart....he loves getting into that stash. I've no idea where the hat came from, I've asked everyone I can think of whose it is, so if you recognize the hat, let me know. Anyway, he loves it, and he was so cute there playing with Preston's ring on the floor. Midway through he stops to show off a craft we did earlier that day. He actually did more of it than you would think from looking. He's pretty proud of it. And that's how life's been these past few days. Rainy days...you know.

Oh, Friday was his Dr. appointment. I was all ready for him to get a shot, we even went to the store before the appointment and got a doughnut...gooey chocolate...and I told him he could have it if he was very good. Man did he take me for my word. I didn't mention it one more time, but he was so serious the entire visit. He did everything they asked him to do, including several developmental tests, without cracking a smile or making any sort of fuss. The Dr. asked him several questions and he would only repeat what the Dr. said back to him. Things like "is this red or blue?" Michael has known that for months, but all he would say was "red or blue?" It was because he was trying so hard to be good for that blasted doughnut that he wouldn't risk giving the wrong answer. He does that to us too. If he doesn't know the answer, or is feeling shy, he'll just repeat whatever you say. It didn't help the Dr. and in the end they were still out of that shot and he didn't have to get it. As soon as the Dr. shut the door Michael looked at me and asked "Michael eat doughnut now?" I'd forgotten all about it!

And now I'm going to end up getting another one on Monday when we try again for the shot because it worked so well!

2 comments:

  1. That cracks me up! : ) (Not the part where they didn't have the shot though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh the power of the doughnut. It gets me to do all sorts of stuff.

    ReplyDelete