Friday, February 6, 2009

Adam's visit

Michael's friend Adam came for a visit the other day. Sometimes if I'm really lucky I get to watch him. They had lunch together and Michael insisted that he sit right next to Adam, plate to plate and toe to toe. Naturally they helped themselves to each other's food. That was fine by me because Michael generally doesn't like apples or avacado, but he ate both because Adam was eating them. Adam must have thought it was a fair trade going on because he handed Michael his box of raisins and then dug into Michael's sandwich. Of course, by the time I'd grabbed the camera it wasn't nearly as cute, so you'll have to take my word for it.

After lunch they had a blast chasing each other around the house. They're pretty good about sharing and spend most of the time playing side by side or copying what the other is doing. Like today, Adam was back over and they chased each other around the house pushing yellow trucks. Big ones. It looked like a lot of work to me, especially when one would get too far behind and pick the truck up instead of push it. But hey. Good friends, good times.

Oh, I almost forgot! It wasn't all fun and games that day. Shortly after this video, while I was cleaning up lunch, they went into Michael's room to play. I didn't think much about it because it's pretty safe in there, it's the only room I let Michael play in unsupervised. They sounded happy enough, but when I walked in.... Apparently it's not that safe. Michael was playing happily away, but Adam, sitting in the middle of the room, had a goose egg on his head. He hadn't made a sound! I panicked and called his mom, certain I'd broken her precious baby, but she was pretty calm about it. But when she came to pick him up, I had to confess that he had also gotten the Spray and Wash out of our laundry basket. I forgot he could open doors. He had happily sprayed his shirt and pants. I rushed him to the tub and washed him off and read the whole bottle label. Apparently it's only irritating, not fatal, to spray yourself with Spray and Wash. Good to know. For the rest of his stay though I watched him like a hawk, certain he was going to break out in hives or suddenly drop dead or something else equally logical. It was terrifying. Good thing Kelly is so forgiving, and apparently tends to panic less than I do.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, what a slacker friend I am... I'm just now seeing this! I love that they play together well, and apparently Adam has no memory of the near fatal accidents he has at your house. : )

    ReplyDelete